What STARNET Can Do For Parents?
As a parent of a young child with a disability, it is important for you to know that you are not alone. STARNET is one of many sources that can offer reassurance, help you communicate with other parents who may be facing a similar situation, help you learn more about your child’s disability and help you understand the services provided by the early childhood community.
- Information on specific disabilities
- Information on how your child’s disability affects all areas of your family’s life, including education, health, siblings and daily activities
- Loans of material from a lending library of approximately 1,200 items
- Free workshops and conferences on topics of interest to families
- Financial assistance for families with a child age 3, 4, or 5, who has an IEP to attend in-state conferences
- Financial assistance also available for professionals; let your child’s teacher know about this opportunity
- Networking with other families whose child has a similar disability.