What STARNET Can Do For Parents?
As a parent of a young child with a disability, it is important for you to know that you are not alone. STAR NET is one of many sources that can offer reassurance, help you communicate with other parents who may be facing a similar situation, help you learn more about your child’s disability and help you understand the services provided by the early childhood community.
STAR NET Provides:
- Information on specific disabilities
- Information on how your child’s disability affects all areas of your family’s life, including education, health, siblings and daily activities
- Loans of material from a lending library of approximately 1,200 items
- Free workshops and conferences on topics of interest to families
- Financial assistance for families with a child age 3, 4, or 5, who has an IEP to attend in-state conferences
- Financial assistance also available for professionals; let your child’s teacher know about this opportunity
- Networking with other families whose child has a similar disability.
Funding Support Form